Ingredients for 4 people
- 4 portions 1/3 lb (150g) salmon fillet
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) butter, melted
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- ½ lb (225 g) fresh spinach, washed, stemmed and chopped
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- ½ cup (125 ml) white wine
- ½ cup (125 ml) 35% cream
- ½ lb (225 g) Riopelle de l’lsle cheese, diced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400ºF.
Arrange the salmon pieces, skin-side down, on a baking tray, brush with melted butter and season. Cook in center of oven for 7 to 12 mn according to thickness of fillets and desired doneness.
Cook spinach until wilted, 3 or 4 mn. Season and sprinkle with nutmeg. Set aside. Meanwhile, in a pan, heat butter and sweat shallot over a medium heat. Add white wine and reduce. Mix in cream, bring to the boil and remove from heat. Add cheese and let melt. Season.
Serve the salmon pieces on a bed of spinach with Riopelle de L’Isle cheese sauce poured over. Serve with something starchy and your choice of vegetables.